Sunday we had our girlscout Christmas party at the Jones Center. The girls decorated cookies, colored, made a candy cane craft and a special ornament. We had the girls all bring a swap ( it is a small handmade item can be food or craft ) and each girl gets one. Britain and I made Christmas bells and they had a poem and we tied it on with ribbon. It was adorable. Everyone had a great time and in bed that night Britain said she wished she had girlscouts every day. Friday and late Saturday night I spent my time making 28 milk carton gingerbread houses for Lawson's class party. I was privileged to be able to plan and attend Lawson's party. I also snuck down to see a little of Britain's. I spent quite a few hours on the houses but seeing the kid's faces light up when they saw they got to decorate them was so worth it. One girl said I'm so glad I came to school today :) the many hugs and thank yous were so sweet. Now its time to shop and plan for my annual Christmas breakfast....onto another task ;) I will post party pictures tomorrow! I'm so blessed to be able to contribute my time for the kids parties. I love seeing the excitement for the holidays in my children's faces. It's all about family, good friends and celebrating Jesus birth. God is good. I'm beyond blessed and thankful. Oh and thank you to my T for stacking all 28 houses so well for me to transport to the school that not one broke. You my lovely hubsband are my hero :) . Not funny though you joking u broke half of them...sheesh :)
1 comment:
you are one busy girl, but you are right...the way those little faces light up makes it all worth it!! Your kids are lucky to have such an involved Mommy!!
Post a Comment